Harlan is a Brooklyn-born entrepreneur, author, and lifestyle coach. He is a highly skilled marketer and copywriter, learning from the likes of Dan Kennedy and Gary Halbert. He has been able to carve a path for himself in the direct response world by combining his passion for marketing and his knowledge in hypnosis and Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), and has achieved great success in his career.
Today, we talk with Harlan about his life as a copywriter from the early days until now. The world of marketing has changed through the years and we talk about our thoughts and experiences on this matter. Learn about Harlan’s rise to success and what makes good copywriters standout from the rest.
“My greatest satisfaction is seeing someone take your teachings and apply them.” – Harlan Kilstein
Some topics that were discussed include:
- What life is like in Florida
- How Harlan got into copywriting
- Becoming friends with your heroes
- What makes a good copywriter?
- The strategy of preeminence
- The problem with new copywriters
- How to get clients from seminars
- Why interactive sales letters are so successful
- Chris’ and Harlan’s first time meeting
- The importance of having a mentor
References & links mentioned:
Review The Chris Haddad Show
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Chris Haddad Show! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!