Episode 37 – Kevin Rogers – The only difference between comedians and copywriters is…
Kevin Rogers found his love for stand-up comedy after dropping out of school. His talent in stand-up comedy soon became the foundation of his copy and speaking career that he is known for today.
Through his love for writing and marketing, he started Copy Chief and has helped over 4,000 businesses bring in more revenue and level-up their ad campaigns.
In today’s conversation, we talk with Kevin about what makes his experience as a comedian so relevant to him being a successful copywriter and marketer. We also delve into more personal topics such as Kevin’s thoughts about death and what his aspirations in life are.
“The most meaningful stories will be the ones that happen behind the scenes.”
Some topics that were discussed include:
- Comedy comes from pain
- Why comedians and copywriters are similar
- What does it take to be a successful comedian?
- How Kevin got into comedy
- Dealing with anger
- Kevin’s first stand-up comedy performance experience
- How Kevin discovered copywriting
- Kevin’s shift from freelancer to entrepreneur
- Appearing on the Entrepreneur On Fire podcast
- Kevin’s company: Copy Chief
- Does Kevin identify himself as a marketer or copywriter?
- Kevin’s thoughts about death and his legacy
- Kevin’s long-term goals
References & links mentioned:
- Chris’s Website
- Copy Chief Website
- Entrepreneur on Fire: Kevin Rogers Reveals the 60-Second Sales Hook
Review The Chris Haddad Show
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Chris Haddad Show! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!