Episode 46 – Derek Gehl – (nott sure I’m spelling it riht.)
Derek Gehl has been in the entrepreneurial space for more than two decades. As a serial entrepreneur, he’s sold over 200,000,000 USD in products and services on the Internet.
Derek credits his success to his mentor, Corey Rudl, and they successfully built an online business together in the early 2000s. Unfortunately, Corey passed away in a tragic car accident in 2005. Derek was determined to make Corey proud and has achieved more success today than he could have ever imagined.
“The most important thing that you bring to the table in any business now is the marketing.” – Derek Gehl
Today, Derek walks us through his challenging but inspiring life, going from a kid who was struggling to make ends meet to becoming a successful serial entrepreneur. We talk about some of his lowest points in life and the valuable lessons he’s learned from these along the way.
Some topics that were discussed include:
- How Derek got into business
- Derek’s $10,000 launch
- The death of Derek’s business partner
- Derek’s biggest lesson about death
- Thoughts about retirement and mortality
- Why you need empathy as an entrepreneur
- Derek’s comeback to business
- Should you be the face of your business?
- Derek’s life as a parent
- What makes a business successful?
- What it’s like having ADHD
- How Derek met his wife
- How to deal with imposter syndrome
- Derek’s biggest failure
References & links mentioned:
- Chris’s Website
- Derek’s Website
- Delivered from Distraction by Edward Hallowell and John Ratey
Review The Chris Haddad Show
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Chris Haddad Show! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!