Rory Sutherland is the author of The Wiki Man and the best-selling Alchemy. From account manager to vice president of Ogilvy UK, Rory has more than 20 years of experience in copywriting and marketing.
Not only is he a well-renowned author and marketer, but he’s also a sought-after keynote speaker and TED Talk superstar.
In today’s conversation, we talk about various interesting topics ranging from synesthesia to the learnings and tragedies in the world of direct marketing. Learn more about Rory’s journey, his thoughts, and how he has become one of the most influential men in marketing.
The tragedy of digital marketing is that the amount of creative experimentation and testing is far too low. – Rory Sutherand
Some topics that were discussed include:
- What it feels like to age
- Learnings from 50 Shades of Gray
- Smoking, drinking and drugs
- Rory’s experience as an account manager
- The Bass diffusion curve
- The importance of having an eye for detail
- The challenges of dealing with fame
- Rory discovering his love for writing
- Fascination of the human brain
- Reassuring buyers through copy
- Focusing on the work rather than the result
- Rory’s learnings about direct marketing
Review The Chris Haddad Show
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Chris Haddad Show! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!